Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
The lymphatic system consists of a myriad of delicate vessels found in almost every tissue of the body that contains blood vessels. These vessels perform essential functions including the transportation of nutrients and the removal of waste products from cellular metabolism.
The lymphatic system lacks a pump of its own to transport the lymph through the body and must rely on movement and muscular contraction to flush the fluid. Our increasingly sedentary lifestyles with reduced physical activity, such as office work or watching TV, hinders the flow of the lymph. Consequently, occasional congestion in the lymphatic system is common.
Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is designed to support the body’s efforts to drain the lymphatic system. It may help disperse lymphatic congestion, improve nutrient absorption and enhance immune function.
Lymphatic Drainage benefits are numerous and include:
* Clearing areas of congestion such as swollen ankles, puffy eyes and swollen legs.
* Promoting healing of scar tissue, torn ligaments, and sprains.
* Relieving swelling following surgery.
* Reducing lymphedema and other conditions arising from venous insufficiency.
* Improving chronic conditions such as sinusitis, arthritis, acne, and other skin conditions.
* Providing deep relaxation.
To schedule a lymphatic drainage session contact Nancy.